80s-RADIOmusic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We would like to welcome You all to our web forum-radio and thank you for your visit to our website, where you can enjoy the 80s music and find information about various artists, songs, fashion and etc. from the 1980s.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in<? echo phpinfo(); ?>

August 07

Go down 
AuthorMessage
pinky
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2008-11-16

August  07 Empty
PostSubject: August 07   August  07 Empty17.11.08 23:47

Births
1925 Felice Bryant, songwriter with her husband Boudleaux. Wrote Everly Brothers hits, 'All I Have To Do Is Dream', 'Bye Bye Love', 'Wake Up Little Susie' and 'Raining In My Heart' a hit for Buddy Holly.

1936 Charles Pope, The Tams, (1971 UK No.1 single 'Hey Girl Don't Bother Me'). Pope died on 16th March 1996.

1945 Kerry Chater, Gary Puckett and the Union Gap, (1968 UK No.1 & UK No.2 single 'Young Girl').

1949 Carlo Novi, Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes, (1978 album 'Hearts Of Stone').

1950 Rodney Crowell, country guitarist, songwriter, worked with Emmylou Harris, acts that covered his songs include Bob Seger, Willie Nelson & Carlene Carter.

1952 Alexis Sayle, actor, comedian, (1984 UK No.15 single 'Ullo John Got A New Motor'').

1952 Andy Fraser, bass player with John Mayall's Bluesbreakers. Joined Free when he was aged 16. (1970 UK No.2 & US No.4 single 'All Right Now'). Ted Nugent, Robert Palmer and Joe Cocker have all covered songs written by Fraser.

1958 Bruce Dickinson vocals, Iron Maiden, (joined in 1981, UK No.1 single in 1991 'Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter').

1960 Jacqui O'Sullivan, singer, Bananarama, (joined in 1988, 1988 UK No.5 single 'I Want You Back').

1964 Ian Dench, guitar, EMF, (1990 UK No.3 & US No.1 single 'Unbelievable').

1965 Raul Malo, singer, songwriter, The Mavericks, (1998 UK No.4 single 'Dance The Night Away'), and solo.

1966 Kristin Hersh, singer, songwriter, Throwing Muses (1992 UK No.46 'Firepile EP'), and solo.

Deaths
1984 Singer Esther Phillips died from liver failure.

2001 Harmonica player Larry Adler died aged 87.

Events
1937 Bunny Berigan and his orchestra recorded "I Can't Get Started."

1957 The Quarry Men made their debut at Liverpool's Cavern Club, without Paul McCartney who was away on a Scout trip.

1963 The movie "Beach Party" debuted.

1964 TIME Magazine reviews the Beatles' movie "Hard Days Night." The headline reads "Beatles Blow It" and advises readers to "avoid this film at all costs." Life Magazine writes "some Marx Brothers surrealism." A week later, the Los Angeles Herald Examiner reviews the performances as "amusing and engaging."

1965 The Turtles' remake of Bob Dylan's "It Ain't Me Babe" was released.

1965 Mike Smith (Dave Clark Five) had two ribs broken when he was pulled off the stage by a fan in Chicago.

1965 Herman's Hermits went to No.1 on the US singles chart with 'I'm Henry VIII, I Am', the single was only released in the US. Vocalist from the group Peter Noone once interviewed Elvis Presley for UK music paper New Musical Express.

1969 During a North American tour Led Zeppelin appeared at the Berkeley Community Theatre, California.

1971 The Bee Gees started a four week run at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'How Can You Mend A Broken Heart'. It was the groups tenth US hit and first No.1.

1971 Frank Zappa's Mother of Invention record "Just Another Band from L.A." at U.C.L.A. It's the last Zappa album to incldue former Turtles Howard Kaylan and Mark Volman. The two leave to record on their own as Flo and Eddie.

1974 Peter Wolf (J. Geils Band) and Faye Dunaway were married. They divorced in 1979.

1976 Elton John and Kiki Dee started a four week run at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'Don't Go Breaking My Heart', giving Elton his sixth US No.1. It was also Eltons first UK No.1 single.

1976 UK music weekly Melody Maker gave The *** Pistols their first front cover.

1979 Led Zeppelin played their last ever UK show when they appeared at Knebworth Park.

1979 One of the successes of the year is Rickie Lee Jones. Her debut album goes platinum and kicks out a Top Five hit, "Chuck E's in Love."

1982 'Come On Eileen' by Dexy's Midnight Runners started four week run at No.1 on the UK singles chart.

1982 Fleetwood Mac started a five week run at No.1 on the US album chart with 'Mirage'. The bands third US No.1.

1982 'Kids From Fame' by The Kids Of Fame started an eight week run at No.1 on the UK album chart.

1983 Appearing at The Lyceum, London Howard Devoto supported by The Smiths.

1987 A Los Angeles judge threw out a lawsuit against Ozzy Osbourne. The lawsuit had been filed by the parents of a teenager who had committed suicide while listening to Ozzy's song, "Suicide Solution."

1987 The movie "Back to the Beach" opened in the U.S.

1989 George Clinton released "The Cinderella Theory."

1990 Appearing live at Maine Road Football ground Manchester, David Bowie.

1991 Charges of assault and property damage are filed against Axl Rose (Guns 'N' Roses) in connection with a riot during a show in St. Louis, MO.

1993 Cypress Hill started a two week run at No.1 on the US album chart with 'Black Sunday'.

1995 LL Cool J and Simone Johnson were married.

1997 Garth Brooks played a free concert in New York's Central Park.

1999 Violence erupted outside a Dave Matthews Band concert in Hartford, CT. 55 arrests were made in the parking lot of the Meadows Music Theater.

2000 The family of Jimi Hendrix won a case at an international panel to evict the holder of the Internet address www.jimihendrix.com.

2002 Three members of Oasis were injured when the taxi they were travelling in was involved in a crash during a US tour in Indianapolis. Noel Gallagher, Andy Bell and Jay Darlington were all taken to hospital and treated for cuts and bruises.

2002 Former Boyzone Keith Duffy made his acting debut in UK TV soap Coronation Street playing the role of Peter Barlow's old Navy mate Ciaran McCarthy.

2005 James Blunt was at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'You're Beautiful', Mariah Carey was at No.1 on the US charts with 'We Belong Together' and Axel F had 'Crazy Frog' at No.1 on the Australian singles charts.

2007 Lily Allen had her US work visa cancelled after arriving at Los Angeles airport. The 22-year-old, who was due to tour America in September, had flown in for the MTV Video Music Awards launch. She was held at the airport for five hours in connection with an arrest for an alleged assault in London in June.

2007 Pete Doherty was warned by a judge that he could face jail or a community order over drugs offences. In July, the 28-year-old Babyshambles frontman pleaded guilty to driving illegally while in possession of crack cocaine, heroin, ketamine and cannabis. The judge said: "What I have in mind is a community order or prison... if he does not show his motivation, it's prison - it's as simple as that." The singer volunteered to show the position of an implant in his stomach designed to help him give up drugs.
Back to top Go down

August 07
Page 1 of 1