80s-RADIOmusic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We would like to welcome You all to our web forum-radio and thank you for your visit to our website, where you can enjoy the 80s music and find information about various artists, songs, fashion and etc. from the 1980s.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in<? echo phpinfo(); ?>

September 27

Go down 
AuthorMessage
pinky
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2008-11-16

September 27 Empty
PostSubject: September 27   September 27 Empty18.11.08 0:14

Births
1943 Randy Bachman, Guess Who, (1970 US No.1 & UK No.19 single 'American Woman'). Bachman Turner Overdrive, (1974 US No.1 & UK No.2 single 'You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet').

1944 Shane Fenton, (Alvin Stardust), UK singer, 1974 UK No.1 single 'Jealous Mind', plus 10 other UK Top 40 singles).

1947 Barbara Dickson, singer, actress, 1985 UK No.1 single with Elaine Paige, 'I Know Him So Well').

1947 Meat Loaf, (Marvin Lee Aday), 1993 UK & US No.1 single 'I'd Do Anything For Love But I Won't Do That', record breaking 1978 album 'Bat Out Of Hell', spent 457 weeks on the UK album chart).

1953 Greg Ham, Men At Work, (1983 UK and US No.1 single 'Down Under').

1953 Robbie Shakespeare, session bass player, as Sly and Robbie worked with Peter Tosh, Robert Palmer, Jimmy Cliff, Grace Jones, Joe Cocker, (1987 UK No.12 single 'Boops, Here To Go').

1958 Shaun Cassidy, singer, actor, (1977 US No.1 single 'Da Doo Ron Ron', Shaun is the half brother of David Cassidy).

1966 Stephan Jenkins, Third Eye Blind, (1997 US No.4 & UK No. 33 single 'Semi-Charmed Life').

1967 Brett Anderson, vocals, Suede, (1994 UK No.3 single 'Stay Together').

1970 Mark Calderon, Color Me Bad, (1991 UK No.1 single 'I Wanna *** You Up', 1991 US No.1 single 'I Adore Mi Amor').

1975 Lee Brennan, vocals, 911, (1998 UK No.2 single 'More Than A Woman').

1978 Brad Arnold, vocals, 3 Doors Down, (2003 US No.4 single 'When I'm Gone', 2005 US No.1 album 'Seventeen Days').

1978 Bradley Kirk Arnold, singer, 3 Doors Down. (2003 US No.4 single 'When I'm Gone', 2005 US No.1 album 'Seventeen Days').

1982 Lil Wayne, (Dwayne Michael Carter, Jr.), US rapper, member of the Hot Boys, 2004 US No.5 solo album Tha Carter.

1984 Avril Lavigne, Canadian singer, (2002 US & UK No.3 single 'Complicated', 2002 US No.2 & UK No.1 album 'Let Go', 2007 worldwide No.1 single 'Girlfriend'). Lavigne is the youngest female to top the charts aged 17 years and 3 months.

Deaths
1972 Rory Storm singer from UK 60's group Rory Storm and the Hurricanes died aged 32 after taking an overdose of sleeping pills in a suicide pact with his mother. Ringo Starr played drums with Storm before joining The Beatles.

1979 Former Thunderclap Newman and Wings guitarist Jimmy McCullough died aged 26.

1986 Cliff Burton (Metallica) was killed when the band tour bus crashed in Sweden. Burton was 24.

2004 Bassist Louis Satterfield died in Chicago. Worked with Fontella Bass, Earth Wind and Fire and The Phenix Horns.

Events
1933 "Waltz Time" debuted on NBC Radio. It stayed on the network until 1948.

1938 Artie Shaw recorded "Nightmare."

1938 "Thanks for the Memory" was heard for the first time on the "The Bob Hope Show."

1942 Glenn Miller and his Orchestra performed together for the last time. Miller volunteered for the U.S. Army and disappeared December 15, 1944 over the English Channel.

1943 "Pistol Packin' Mama" and "Jingle Bells" were recorded by Bing Crosby, the Vic Schoen Orchestra and the Andrews Sisters.

1962 "The New York Times" ran the story "Bob Dylan: A Distinctive Folk Song Stylist" after a concert at Carnegie Hall.

1963 Singing her new single 'Love of The Loved' which was written by Lennon and McCartney Cilla Black made her debut on TV's' 'Ready Steady Go!'

1964 The Beach Boys appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show for the first time. They performed "I Get Around."

1967 Working on new songs The Beatles recorded various parts for the new John Lennon song 'I Am The Walrus' and the new Paul McCartney song 'Fool On The Hill.'

1971 Led Zeppelin appeared at the Shiei Taikukan Hall in Hiroshima, Japan.

1973 Rolling Stone magazine reported that Carlos Santana had changed his name to Devadip now that he was a disciple of Sri Chinmoy.

1978 Eric Clapton sponsored a West Bromwich Albion UEFA cup-tie against Galatasarey of Turkey. After the game, Eric presented each player with a gold copy of his latest album 'Slowhand''

1979 Elton John collapsed onstage while performing "Better Off Dead" at the Universal Amphitheatre. After a ten-minute delay John returned and completed the concert. He was suffering from exhaustion brought on by the flu.

1979 The LP "Eat To The Beat" was released by Blondie.

1979 The Police released, "Regatta de Blanc", their second album.

1980 David Bowie scored his fourth UK No.1 album with 'Scary Monsters And Supercreeps'.

1984 Aztec Camera kicked off a 15-date UK tour at St David's Hall Cardiff.

1986 5 Star scored their only UK No.1 album with 'Silk And Steel'.

1986 Lionel Richie started a two run at No.1 on the US album chart with 'Dancing On The Ceiling'.

1987 Dolly Parton's TV show 'Dolly' was shown for the first time on American network ABC.

1990 Dee Dee Ramone of the Ramones was arrested for possessing marijuana during a drug bust in New York's Greenwich Village.

1990 Marvin Gaye's name was added to Hollywood Boulevard's 'Walkway Of Fame' in Los Angeles.

1995 The album "Wazbones" was released by Tigertailz.

1995 Time Warner severed its ties with its rap label Interscope rather than release the debut album by Tha Dogg Pound.

1998 The Manic Street Preachers scored their first UK No.1 album with their fifth album 'This Is My Truth Tell Me Yours'.

2000 Thieves broke into Jerry Hall's Richmond home and stole jewellery worth Ł7000 and a laptop computer. Two of Jerry's children were asleep at the time while the ex Mrs Jagger was on stage appearing in the West End Show, The Graduate.

2000 U2 played a show from the rooftop of The Clarence Hotel in Dublin, (which they own). Over 4,000 fans gathered on the streets below.

2002 Vince Neil pled guilty to a misdemeanor battery charge for allegedly attacking a record producer in West Hollywood on April 28, 2002.

2003 A report published on requests by artists to venues of their backstage requirements revealed; Limp Bizkit insisted that all the lamps in their rooms be dimmable while Mariah Carey would only have 'bendy' straws as she will not use straight ones. Van Halen insisted that back-stage celery is trimmed and not peeled. The Red Hot Chili Peppers asked for a meditation room and a selection of aromatherapy candles. Barry Manilow requested that the air temperature in the auditorium be kept at a regular 65 degrees.

2003 Kylie Minogue called in police to investigate a series of threatening letters. The singer became concerned after receiving 700 letters at her home and office. The letters started as ordinary fan mail but became increasingly aggressive.

2004 Record producer Phil Spector was charged with murder in the shooting death of Lana Clarkson at his mansion in 2003.

2004 It was announced that Betrand Cantat of Noir Desir (Black Desire) would be leaving the next day for France. He had arranged to spend the remainder of his manslaughter sentence in a French prison. Cantat had beaten French actress Marie Trintignant to death in July 2003.
Back to top Go down

September 27
Page 1 of 1