80s-RADIOmusic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We would like to welcome You all to our web forum-radio and thank you for your visit to our website, where you can enjoy the 80s music and find information about various artists, songs, fashion and etc. from the 1980s.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in<? echo phpinfo(); ?>

March 10

Go down 
AuthorMessage
pinky
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2008-11-16

March   10 Empty
PostSubject: March 10   March   10 Empty17.11.08 22:18

Births
1903 Jazz musician Bix Beiderbecke born.

1940 Dean Ormsby Torrance (Jan and Dean) born in Los Angeles.

1963 Jeff Ament of Pearl Jam born.

1964 Neneh Cherry is born in Stockholm.

Deaths
1988 Singer Andy Gibb dies in hospital five days after his 30th birthday.

1997 R&B singer Lavern Baker died aged 57.

Events
1959 RCA Records releases Elvis Presley's single "I Need Your Love Tonight"/"A Fool Such as I," 1 million copies are pressed and sent out to stores. A gold record is sent to Presley, who is stationed in Germany.

1961 Songwriter Jeff Barry signs with Trinity Music. With his wife, Ellie Greenwich, he goes on to write songs like "Be My Baby," "Chapel of Love," and "River Deep, Mountain High."

1963 Patsy Cline's funeral is held, attracting more than 25,000 mourners.

1963 The Rolling Stones make their first recordings. They record a cover of Chuck Berry's "Come On" and Willie Dixon's "I Want to be Loved" at Olympic Studios in Barnes, West London.

1965 The Beatles' "Eight Days a Week" goes to No. 1. It's the first single by a British act to top the American charts but not make the charts in Britain, where it was unreleased.

1967 The Monkees held the No.1 position on the US album chart with 'More Of The Monkees'.

1971 Manager Allen Klein is barred from involvement in the Beatles .

1973 Pink Floyds 'Dark Side Of The Moon' was released in the USA, it spent over 740 weeks on the American chart over a 14 year period.

1974 David Bowie plays Philadelphia. The recording is later released as David Live.

1975 John Lennon releases his cover of Ben E. King's "Stand by Me" as a single in the U.S.

1977 On a trestle-table set up out- side Buckingham Palace, London, at 7am in the morning, The *** Pistols signed to A&M Records. The contract last for six days.

1978 The No. 1 single in America today is "Night Fever." The Bee Gees song knocks their own "Stayin' Alive" off the top spot.

1979 James Brown, performs a rare gig at the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville.

1979 Gloria Gaynor started a three week run at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'I Will Survive'. The song which was also a No.1 in the UK was originally a B-side .

1979 After a 3 year break, Roxy Music begin a North American tour in support of their Manifesto LP.

1980 Dexy's Midnight Runners play York University.

1981 Jimmy Page makes his first solo appearance since the break up of Led Zeppelin, joining Jeff Beck onstage in London.

1984 Ian Gillan leaves Black Sabbath.

1985 The Associates appear at the Dundee Dance Factory

1992 Prince is given a lifetime achievement award at this year's Soul Train Music Awards.

1995 Former Stone Roses manager Gareth Evans' ?10 million lawsuit with the band was settled out of court over alleged wrongful dismissal for an undisclosed sum.

1998 Stone Temple Pilots pilot Scott Weiland releases his first solo album, 12 Bar Blues.
Back to top Go down

March 10
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
80s-RADIOmusic ::  80s MISCELLANEOUS :: TODAY IN MUSIC-
Jump to: