80s-RADIOmusic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We would like to welcome You all to our web forum-radio and thank you for your visit to our website, where you can enjoy the 80s music and find information about various artists, songs, fashion and etc. from the 1980s.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in<? echo phpinfo(); ?>

Februar 05

Go down 
AuthorMessage
pinky
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2008-11-16

Februar 05 Empty
PostSubject: Februar 05   Februar 05 Empty05.02.09 7:58

Births
1935 Alex Harvey, vocals, guitar, Sensational Alex Harvey Band, (1975 UK No.7 single 'Delilah, 1975 album 'Next'). Harvey died on February 4th 1982.

1941 Barrett Strong, US songwriter. Wrote many Motown hits with Norman Whitfield including, 'Money', 'War', 'Ball Of Confusion', 'Papa Was A Rolling Stone'.

1942 Corey Wells, vocals, Three Dog Night, (1970 UK No.3 & US No.1 single 'Mamma Told Me Not To Come').

1943 Chuck Winfield, trumpet, Blood Sweat & Tears, (1969 USNo.2 & UK No.35 single 'You've Made Me So Very Happy').

1944 Al Kooper, The Royal Teens, (1958 US No.3 single 'Shorts Shorts'), Blood Sweat & Tears, (1969 US No.12 & UK No.35 single 'You've Made Me So Very Happy'). Played organ on Bob Dylan track 'Like A Rolling Stone.'

1944 J.R. Cobb, Atlanta Rhythm Section, (1979 UK No.48 single 'Spooky').

1948 David Denny, guitar, Steve Miller Band, (1974 US No.1 & 1990 UK No.1 single 'The Joker').

1948 Nigel Tufnell, guitar, Spinal Tap, (1984 film 'This Is Spinal Tap').

1960 Paul Jones, bass, Catatonia, (1998 UK No.3 single 'Mulder And Scully').

1964 Duff McKagan, bass, Guns N' Roses, (1998 US No.1 & 1989 UK No.6 single 'Sweet Child O' Mine'). Velvet Revolver (2004 US No.1 & UK No.11 album 'Contraband').

1964 Sally Still, bass, Furniture, (1986 UK No.21 single 'Brilliant Mind').

1968 Chris Barron, vocals, The Spin Doctors, (1993 UK No.3 & US No.7 single 'Two Princes').

1969 Bobby Brown, singer, New Edition, (1983 UK No.1 & US No.46 single 'Candy Girl') solo, (1988 UK No.6 & 1989 US No.1 single 'My Prerogative'). Married Whitney Houston 18th July 1992.

Deaths
1976 Rudy Pompilli, sax player with Bill Haley and his Comets, died of lung cancer aged 52.

1998 Tim Kelly (Slaughter) died after a being injured in an auto accident in Arizona at the age of 34.

2000 Shirelles singer Doris Coley died of breast cancer aged 58. (1961 US No.1 & UK No.4 single 'Will You Love Me Tomorrow').

Events
1940 Glenn Miller and his band recorded "Tuxedo Junction."

1957 5,000 fans greeted Bill Haley when he arrived from New York on the liner Queen Elizabeth at Southampton, for his debut UK concert tour. Haley was the first American rock artist to tour the UK.

1958 The National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (NARAS) formed a New York chapter. NARAS is better known as the Grammy Awards organization.

1962 The Beatles played two shows, one at the Cavern Club at lunchtime and in the evening at the Kingsway Club in Southport. This was the first time Ringo Starr appeared live with the group after drummer Pete Best became ill.

1966 Petula Clark had her second No.1 in the US singles chart with 'My Love', (it made No. 4 in the UK).

1967 The Beatles filmed part of the promo clip for 'Penny Lane' around the Royal Theatre, Stratford, London and walking up and down Angel Lane.

1967 The News Of The World reported that Mick Jagger had taken LSD at the Moody Blues' home in the UK. Jagger sued the paper for libel in an on-going feud between the News Of The World and The Stones.

1967 Due to a Musicians' Union ban, the Rolling Stones were not allowed to play their hit "Let's Spend the Night Together" when they appeared on an ITV show.

1969 The Move were at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'Blackberry Way', the groups only UK No.1.

1972 T Rex were at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'Telegram Sam', the groups third UK No.1

1977 Mary MacGregor started a two week run at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'Torn Between Two Lovers', it made No.4 in the UK.

1983 Def Leppard's album 'Pyromania', started a 92 week run on the US charts, it never reached No.1 but sold over 6 million copies in the US alone.

1983 Toto went to No.1 on the US singles with 'Africa'; a No.3 hit in the UK.

1985 Appearing on UK music show 'The Old Grey Whistle Test', Pete Burns, Judas Priest, Sade and Lemmy.

1986 Prince released the song "Kiss."

1989 Metallica's concert at Reunion Arena in Dallas, TX, was broadcast nationally via the Z-Rock radio network.

1991 Bill Drummond and Jimmy Cauty of KLF were arrested in Battersea, London after painting a logo on a Sunday Times billboard ad.

1992 Touring Australia and New Zealand for the first and only time Nirvana appeared at the ANU Bar in Canberra, Australia.

1998 Elton John and Stevie Wonder played at the White House.

1999 The members of *NSYNC made a guest appearance on 'Sabrina The Teenage Witch' on US TV.

2001 Juliet Peters appeared in a London court accused of making death threat's to singer Billie Piper. Peter's had made threatening telephone calls to the singer threatening to decapitate her and burn her body. The court listened to tapes of the 13 calls she has made to the singers record company.

2002 S Club 7 played the first night of an eight date UK arena tour at The Manchester Evening News Arena, tickets L20.

2003 Courtney Love blamed her bad language for the alleged air rage incident that led to her arrest at London's Heathrow Airport. As she left Heathrow's police station the singer said: "I cussed at a lady-my daughter always said I had a potty mouth." When asked what it had been like inside the police station, the singer said: "It was fine. They were wonderful in there. It was like being on Prime Suspect."

2004 Janet Jackson's right breast became the most searched-for image in net history, Jackson's breast was seen by millions on TV after Justin Timberlake pulled at her bodice during a duet. Search engines reported a big jump in searches for Janet Jackson and Super Bowl, as people turned to the web for images of the event.

2007 Producer Phil Spector won $900,000 after settling an embezzlement claim. Spector said former assistant Michelle Blaine removed $425,000 from his pension and did not repay a $635,000 loan. Ms Blaine claimed the loan was a gift, and the pension funds were for a film aimed at improving Spector's image. As part of the settlement, she dropped a counter-claim of sexual harassment.

2008 Amy Winehouse was questioned by police in connection with a video apparently showing her smoking a crack-cocaine pipe. The singer who was not arrested, was interviewed under caution after the video was posted online by the Sun newspaper.
Back to top Go down

Februar 05
Page 1 of 1