80s-RADIOmusic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We would like to welcome You all to our web forum-radio and thank you for your visit to our website, where you can enjoy the 80s music and find information about various artists, songs, fashion and etc. from the 1980s.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in<? echo phpinfo(); ?>

Januar 22

Go down 
AuthorMessage
pinky
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2008-11-16

Januar  22 Empty
PostSubject: Januar 22   Januar  22 Empty22.01.09 7:49

Births
1931 Sam Cooke, US soul singer (1957 US No.1 & UK No.29 single with 'You Send Me' and a 1986 UK No.2 single with 'Wonderful World' first released in 1960). He died on December 11th 1964.

1940 Addie Harris, vocals, The Shirelles, (1961 US No.1 & UK No. 4 single 'Will You Love Me Tomorrow'). She died on 10th June 1982.

1947 Malcolm Mclaren, manager of the *** Pistols and solo artist, (1983 UK No.3 single 'Double Dutch').

1949 Nigel Pegrum, Steeleye Span, UK folk group, (1975 UK No.5 single 'All Around My Hat').

1953 Steve Perry, vocals, Journey, (1982 US No.2 single 'Open Arms', solo 1984 US No.3 single, Oh, Sherrie').

1962 Michael Hutchence, vocals, INXS, (1988 UK No.2 & US No.1 single 'Need You Tonight'). 1987 album 'Kick' has sold over 10m copies in the US alone and features four Top 10 singles; 'Need You Tonight,' 'Devil Inside', 'New Sensation,' and 'Never Tear Us Apart.' Hutchence was found dead in his hotel suite in Sydney on 22nd Nov 1997 age 37. Hutchence body was found naked behind the door to his room, he had apparently hanged himself.

1965 DJ Jazzy Jeff, (1993 UK No.1 single 'Boom! Shake The Room').

1965 Roachford, UK singer, (1989 UK No.4 single 'Cuddly Toy').

1965 Steven Adler, drums, Guns N' Roses, (1988 US No.1 & 1989 UK No.6 single 'Sweet Child O' Mine').

Events
1959 Buddy Holly made his last recordings alone with an acoustic guitar and tape recorder. The songs were released posthumously.

1959 Jane Morgan was at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'The Day The Rains Came'.

1960 Sam Cooke signed a deal with RCA Records.

1962 Gene Chandler made his TV debut on "American Bandstand."

1963 The Drifters recorded "On Broadway."

1963 Gerry & the Pacemakers held their first recording session. They produced "Away from You" and "Pretend."

1963 The Shadows were at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'Dance On', the group's fourth UK No.1.

1963 The Beatles appeared on three UK radio programs. First The Beatles recorded a session for the show Pop Inn at the BBC Paris studio, they then went to the Playhouse Theatre also in London, to tape a radio appearance on Saturday Club, recording five songs. Then the Beatles went back to the BBC Paris studio to record an appearance on The Talent Spot recording 'Please Please Me', 'Ask Me Why' and 'Some Other Guy' before a live audience.

1965 The Rolling Stones began a 16-date tour of Australia and New Zealand at the Manufactures' Auditorium in Sydney with Roy Orbison, The Newbeats and Ray Columbus and the Invaders

1966 The Beach Boys went into the studio to record 'Wouldn't It Be Nice', which would be the opening track on their forthcoming album 'Pet Sounds.'

1967 The Monkees performed live for the very first time at The Cow Palace, San Francisco to a sell-out crowd.

1968 During the bands first Australian tour The Who played the first of two nights at Sydney Stadium with The Small Faces and Paul Jones.

1971 The Joe Cocker film "Mad Dogs and Englishmen" debuted in London.

1972 David Bowie 'came out' as bisexual during an interview in the British music weekly Melody Maker.

1972 Don McLean's album 'American Pie' started a seven week run at No.1 in the US album chart.

1977 Stevie Wonder went to No.1 on the US singles chart with 'I Wish', his 5th US No.1, it made No.5 in the UK.

1977 Wings went to No.1 on the US album chart with 'Wings Over America', Paul McCartney's sixth US No.1 after The Beatles.

1980 This week's US Top 5 singles: No.5, Rupert Holmes, 'Escape, (The Pina Colada Song)', No.4, Smokey Robinson, 'Crusin', No.3, Kenny Rogers, 'Coward Of The County', No.2, Captain and Tennille, 'Do That To Me One More Time', and No.1, Michael Jackson, 'Rock With You.'

1980 During their 22 date UK tour The Clash appeared at the Apollo Theatre, Glasgow, Scotland.

1981 A picture of John Lennon naked appeared in his obituary issue of Rolling Stone.

1983 The new 24-hour music video network MTV started broadcasting to the West Coast of America after being picked up by Group W Cable, Los Angeles.

1984 Barry Manilow sang the U.S. national anthem at Super Bowl XVIII.

1986 Appearing at Glasgow Exhibition Centre, Scotland were Frankie Goes To Hollywood.

1987 One hit wonder Steve 'Silk' Hurley was at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'Jack Your Body', the first 'House' record to top the chart's.

1988 Faith No More made their live UK debut at Dingwalls, London at the start of a 13-date tour.

1989 Gene Simmons (KISS) and former "Playboy" model Shannon Tweed had a son.

1990 Guns 'N' Roses guitarist Slash used profanity numerous times on live television while accepting an American Music Award.

1991 L.L. Cool J's album "Mama Said Knock You Out" was certified platinum by the RIAA.

1992 Mariah Carey's stepfather went to court seeking damages, claiming that he had paid for her Manhattan apartment, a car and dental work in her early years on the understanding that she would repay him when she became successful.

1993 Metallica began their "Nowhere Else To Roam" tour in Kalamazoo, MI.

1994 Bryan Adams, Rod Stewart and Sting started a three week run at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'All For Love', a No.2 hit in the UK. Taken from the film 'The Three Musketeers'.

1994 D:Ream had their first UK No.1 single with 'Things Can Only Get Better', it stayed at No.1 for four weeks.

1998 Toni Braxton filed for Chapter 7 protection in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Los Angeles, listing liabilities of more than $1 million.

1998 Snoop Doggy Dogg filed a $10 million suit in Los Angeles Superior Court against Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman, its parent Coopers & Lybrand and former Gelfand accountant Steven Cantrock. The suit charged that they had mismanaged Snoop Doggy Dogg's money.

2000 Savage Garden went to No.1 on the US singles chart with 'I Knew I Loved You'.

2001 The Strokes released their first record 'The Modern Age EP' on Rough Trade records in the UK.

2001 Former rubbish collector Mark Oliver was found guilty by a London court of stealing luggage belonging to Victoria Beckham from Heathrow Airport. Police issued a list of the L23,000 ($39,100) worth of clothes, which included 14 pairs of shoes and a miniskirt worth L2,000 ($3,400).

2004 Ryan Adams broke a wrist after falling during a gig at the Royal Court Theatre in Liverpool. Adam's fell from the stage and suffered a fractured wrist. A fan said, 'One minute he was on the stage and the next he had disappeared. He went down with a thud and we couldn't believe he was trying to continue singing'.

2006 Hard-Fi went to No.1 on the UK album chart with their debut album 'Stars of CCTV', the album had been nominated for the Mercury Music prize in 2005.
Back to top Go down

Januar 22
Page 1 of 1