80s-RADIOmusic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We would like to welcome You all to our web forum-radio and thank you for your visit to our website, where you can enjoy the 80s music and find information about various artists, songs, fashion and etc. from the 1980s.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in<? echo phpinfo(); ?>

Februar 16

Go down 
AuthorMessage
pinky
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2008-11-16

Februar 16 Empty
PostSubject: Februar 16   Februar 16 Empty16.02.09 7:49

Births
1935 Sonny Bono, singer, (1965 UK & US No.1 single 'I Got You Babe', with Cher). Became a US Congressman. Killed on 5th January 1997, aged 62, in a skiing accident.

1939 Harold and Herbie Kalin, The Kalin Twins. 1958 UK No.1 & US No.5 single 'When.' The brothers were the first twins to score a No.1 record.

1949 Lynn Paul, vocals, The New Seekers, (1972 UK No.1 single 'I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing').

1956 James Ingram, US singer, (1987 UK No.8 single with Linda Ronstadt, 'Somewhere Out There', 1990 US No.1 single 'I Don't Have The Heart').

1961 Andy Taylor, guitar, Duran Duran, (1983 UK No.1 single 'Is There Something I Should Know' plus 25 other UK Top 40 singles, 1984 US No.1 single 'The Reflex'), The Power Station, (1985 UK No.14 single 'Some Like It Hot').

1962 Tony Kylie, The Blow Monkeys, (1987 UK No.5 single 'It Doesn't Have To Be This Way').

1965 Dave Lombardo, drums, Slayer, (1995 UK No.50 single 'Serenity In Murder').

1967 Damon Reece, drums, Spiritualized, (1995 UK No.30 single 'Let It Flow').

1972 Taylor Hawkins, drummer, Alanis Morrisette, Foo Fighters, (1995 UK No.5 single 'This Is A Call', US No.5 single 'All My Life').

1977 Bradley "Brad" Walst, bassist, Canadian alternative rock band Three Days Grace.

Deaths
2004 US singer Doris Troy died. She had been a session singer with Dionne Warwick, sang on Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon and released an album on The Beatles' Apple label. She had also had a 1964 UK No.37 single with 'Whatcha Gonna Do About It' and a 1963 US No. 10 hit 'Just One Look'.

Events
1942 Shep Fields and his orchestra recorded "Jersey Bounce."

1959 Shirley Bassey was at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'As I Love You', the Welsh singers first of two UK No.1's.

1963 Paul Anka and Marie-Ann DeZogheb were married in Paris.

1964 The Beatles made their second live appearance on The Ed Sullivan Show, exactly one week after the first. Before an audience of 3,500 at the Deauville Hotel in Miami Beach, Florida, The Beatles performed 'She Loves You', 'This Boy', 'All My Loving', 'I Saw Her Standing There', 'From Me to You', and 'I Want to Hold Your Hand'.

1967 Petula Clark was at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'This Is My Song', the singers second UK No.1.

1968 In Detroit, MI, Aretha Franklin day was declared.

1971 Aretha Franklin recorded "Spanish Harlem."

1971 Alan David Pasaro sued the Rolling Stones charging them with invasion of privacy. The charge stemmed from the footage of a stabbing in the film "Gimme Shelter." Pasaro was tried and acquitted for the stabbing death.

1972 Ricky Nelson began his first British tour.

1972 Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watt's wife Shirley was arrested after an incident at Nice Airport for swearing and hitting custom's officials.

1972 Led Zeppelin made their Australian live debut when they kicked off a six date tour at the Subiaco Oval, Perth.

1974 Bob Dylan started a four-week run at No.1 on the US album chart with 'Planet Waves', his first US No.1.

1974 During a tour of America the members of Emerson, Lake & Palmer were arrested in Salt Lake City after swimming naked in the hotel pool. They were each fined $75 (L44).

1974 Winners in the UK music weekly Disc Readers Awards Poll; Top UK group went to Slade, Top musician, Roy Wood, David Bowie won UK and World male singer, Top single with 'Jean Genie' and album with 'Aladdin Sane', Top female singer was Lynsey De Paul and Brightest hope was won by David Essex.

1975 Cher started her own weekly hour of a music and comedy show on CBS-TV. The singer had co-presented The Sonny & Cher Comedy Hour with her former husband. Cher's new show featured a female guest each week.

1978 Appearing at Wythenshaw Forum, Manchester, England, Slaughter and the Dogs.

1980 Appearing at the Apollo, Manchester, during a UK tour, The Tourists.

1982 The Jam were at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'A Town Called Malice', & 'Precious', their double A sided No.1.

1984 Jerry Lee Lewis surrendered to federal authorities to answer income tax evasion charges. He was later acquitted.

1985 Bruce Springsteen went to No.1 on the UK album chart with 'Born In The USA', his first UK No.1 album.

1985 'Careless Whisper', started a three-week run at No.1 in the US charts, credited to Wham! Featuring George Michael, this was the duos second US No.1.

1988 Billy Vera received a star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame.

1989 Scottish group Texas made their debut at London's Marquee Club, Texas, tickets L4.

1990 Ike Turner was sentenced to 4 years in prison on cocaine charges.

1991 Queen scored their seventh UK No.1 album with 'Innuendo.'

1991 The Simpsons were at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'Do The Bartman.'

1993 At the Brit Awards a Faces reunion took place.

1998 At the Brit Awards, Danbert Nobacon of Chumbawamba dumped a bucket of ice water on the U.K.'s Deputy Prime Minister John Prescott.

1999 "Rolling Stones Day" was declared in Minnesota.

1999 Rap star Ol' Dirty Bastard was arrested in Hollywood for allegedly wearing body armor, a forbidden garment because of his previous arrests. ODB was initially pulled over for driving eratically.

1999 Robbie Williams won three awards at this year's Brit's. The singer won Best British solo artist, Best Single for 'Angels' and Best Video for 'Millennium.' Manic Street Preachers won Best British Group, Natalie Imbruglia won Best International Female artist and Best Newcomer, Best International Group went to The Corrs.

2002 Thieves broke into George Michael's London home and stole over Ł100,000 ($170,000) worth of paintings, jewellery and designer clothes and drove off in his Ł80,000 ($136,000) Aston Martin DB7. They also caused Ł200,000 ($340,000) worth of damage to his home.

2003 Massive Attack went to No.1 on the UK album chart with '100th Window.'

2003 50 Cent was at No.1 on the US album chart with his debut album 'Get Rich or Die Tryin', a No.2 hit in the UK.

2005 Kid Rock was arrested for allegedly punching a DJ at a strip club in Nashville, Tennessee. Police were called to the incident but Rock escaped from the club. Shortly after, he was pulled over by an officer who got an autograph but did not do a breath test despite smelling alcohol. (The officer has since been fired). The star was eventually arrested a few hours later, taken to the night court and released on $3,000.
Back to top Go down

Februar 16
Page 1 of 1